Digital Skills – Redeploy, Retrain and Retain
- Date: 18 June, 2020
Following a recent report conducted by The Edge Foundation, the latest research showcased that the digital skills gap was present before Covid-19 and has widened since the pandemic. At the beginning of 2020, statistics highlighted the labour market and future skills requirements:
- In 2019, over 70% of technology providers reported that they experienced skills shortages
- 59% of organisations have unfilled Cybersecurity vacancies
- Prior to Covid-19, it was estimated that there would be over 1 million vacancies in the UK within the IT and Digital Sector
If we consider that many organisations have had to fast track their digital transformation strategy in order to continue operations during the pandemic, the need for a digitally skilled workforce has become even more crucial!
Simple – Apprenticeships can offer a solution to organisations to help address and bridge their skills shortage.
GKA are aware of the current requirement for employers with reference to the protection and recovery for their businesses post Covid-19 focussing on furloughed staff versus redundancies, current and future skills shortages and how they will protect their businesses moving forward.
One simple solution would be to redeploy, retrain and retain:
- redeploy their people into positions to bridge their Digital skills gap
- retrain utilising an apprenticeship (career pathway)
- retain their workforce with the offer of a diverse career development
At GKA, our specialist team of consultants can help you identify your future requirements, offer insights and provide a transformational solution.
Do you want to know more? Contact us on email@example.com