L3 IT Technical Sales
Jump to: Job Roles, Pathways, Courses, Contact Us or Resources
The primary role of an IT Technical Salesperson is to sell a company’s technical products and services. They need a good knowledge and understanding of the portfolio of technologies that are available. They work to maintain good relationships with existing clients, gaining repeat business wherever possible from customers both internal and external, UK or internationally. They also approach potential customers with the aim of winning new business. They maintain a thorough understanding of existing technologies and those that are emerging.
IT Technical Sales Knowledge & Skills Taught:
As with all of our level 3 & 4 apprenticeships, you are not required to have any pre-requisite grades or skills. The purposes is to upskill the individual to the point of industry level competency within the given time period, whilst working within the field. Apprenticeships are a fusion of learning theory and applied experience, to produce applicable competency within a given field.
- Communication: works both independently and as part of a team and following the organisation’s code of practice; demonstrates an ability to communicate eectively and present both in writing and orally at all levels, using a range of tools.
- Customer Experience: demonstrates strong interpersonal skills and cultural awareness when dealing with colleagues, customers and clients during sales operations and whilst defining requirements with an emphasis on customer satisfaction and relationship management.
- Data Security: operates securely in line with organisational guidance, legislation and organisational software packages and complies with security of data and can eectively record, analyse and communicate data at the appropriate level using the organisation’s standard tools and processes throughout all sales interactions.
- Problem solving: applies structured techniques for troubleshooting, problem solving and analyses problems by selecting the appropriate tools and techniques in line with organisation guidance when dealing with sales as well as routine tasks
- Assesses and qualies sales leads by developing a clear understanding of clients’ business needs and advising how these might be met with appropriate products, tools and techniques.
- Project management: works exibly and demonstrates the ability to work under pressure independently and as part of a team to progress sales and manage their time, workow, priorities and projects.
- Interprets and follows:
- health and safety legislation to securely and professional work productively in the work environment
- Data Protection Act 1998
- Sales of Goods Act 1979
- Sales process: professionally operates all sales-related tasks to maintain integrity, brand and company image during negotiations, handling of objections and closing sales with an understanding of the markets and external competitors
- Technical: ability to understand and explain the technical portfolio and technical systems sold within the organisation and can use the current hardware and operating systems available.
- Database and Campaign Management: prioritises their contacts and keeps an up to date database knowing when and why to contact current consumers or prospects in line with organisational requirements.
- Context / CPD: identies and negotiates personal development in the context of the wider business and how their role relates to other roles in the business.
- Understands the basic elements and architecture of computer systems
- Has a working knowledge of Cloud and Cloud Services
- Understands the principles of secure coding
- Has a working knowledge of the role IT plays within the broader context of a business strategy
- Understands the main methodologies used for unied communications
- Understands the basics of how data storage works and the main technical options available
- Understands how to communicate using the appropriate language and terminology for audience and cultural awareness
- Understands the principles and ethics of sales, recognising the importance of delivering value to the customer
- Understands the sales life cycle, techniques & processes
- Understands how to negotiate, handle objections and close sales
- Understands the business product(s) they are responsible for selling including the relevant vendor product(s) as selected by the employer.
- Logical and creative thinking skills
- The ability to interact eectively and professionally with a range of dierent types of customer
- Ability to think analytically and to solve problems
- Ability to work independently and to take responsibility
- Can use own initiative
- A thorough and organised approach
- Ability to work with a range of internal and external people
- Ability to communicate eectively in a variety of situations
- Maintain productive, professional and secure working environment
- Ability to operate in a secure manner
Typical Job Roles:
- Sales Associate
- Sales Consultant
- Sales Engineer
- Entry Level Customer Support
- Technical Retail Assistant
- Technical Tele Sales
- Junior Account Manager
These are the courses roadmaps. It is a portion of the work which will follow through the entirity of the apprenticeship course. With on the job experience, and off-the-job learning rounding out in the rest of the training.
Generic - IT Technical Sales Apprenticeship Pathway
IT Technical Sales Courses:
All relevant courses within your selected pathway, for yourself or your employee, can be found below.
Digital Business Transformation
Computer Infrastructure, Networks and Communication Technologies
Data, Databases & Cloud
Software Development and Cybsecurity
The GKA Way
The EPA Way
Getting Started - IT Technical Sales
Please complete below