Job Role Profile
This occupation is found in organisations, large and small, in all sectors, and within public, private and voluntary organisations. Organisations of all types are increasing applying digital technologies across all their business functions to maximise productivity. The demand for people who can support and implement these digital operations and digital transformation projects is increasing. Similarly, organisations of all types are increasingly supporting their service users though online and digital channels, as they develop omni-channel approaches to meeting customer needs, deflect traditional telephone and face-to-face contacts and to reduce costs.
The broad purpose of a Digital Support Technician is to maximise the effective use of digital office technologies, productivity software, digital communications, including collaborative technologies, and digital information systems to achieve objectives. They will select one of the following two options.
- A Digital Applications Technician helps their organisation and its internal users to maximise the use of digital technologies and adapt to and exploit changes in technology to meet organisation objectives and maximise productivity ensure effective use of digital office technologies, productivity software, digital communications, including collaborative technologies, and digital information systems to achieve objectives
- A Digital Service Technician supports the external customers and clients of their organisation though a wide variety of digital channels, to help them access and receive services, to coach and support them in their use of the digital systems; to support them to complete and submit information remotely and to diagnose and resolve their problems in relation to their access to and use of the digital technologies
In their daily work, Digital Support Technicians interact with a wide variety of internal or external users of digital systems, through digital channels, by phone and/or face to face.
Typical Job Roles:
For Digital Applications Technicians:
- Digital Coach
- Digital Transformation Associate
- ICT Support Analyst, Digital Champion
- Database Administrator
- Data Administrator
- IT Operations Technician
- Digital Applications Specialist
- Digital Systems Operator
For Digital Service Technicians:
- Service Centre Operator
- Digital Service Advisor
- Digital Service Support
- Digital Service Agent
- Applications and On-line Service Executive
- Technical Support Professional
- Digital Support Professional
- Operations Technical Specialist
AWS - Digital Support Technician Apprenticeship Pathway
Microsoft - Digital Support Technician Apprenticeship Pathway
Would you like to start your own Digital Support Technician Apprenticeship? We can talk you through the process, answer any further questions you have and start the process immediately.
Individual Course Breakdown